Monday, October 19, 2020

Perfectly Thin by Margaret McHeyzer ~ Reviewd by Juls

Perfectly ThinPerfectly Thin by Margaret McHeyzer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“I’m not a something, I’m a someone. A confident, beautiful, worthy someone.”


Every time a book downloads on my kindle by Margaret McHeyzer, I get so excited, but also so nervous. I get excited because I know anything she writes is going to be amazing. I get nervous because I also know anything she writes breaks my heart! Perfectly Thin of course, was both! Once I saw the title of this release, I knew it was going to be one of those heart wrenching, all consuming reads! Margaret always has a way of reaching into her readers hearts and pulling on those strings! She is also one of my favorite authors, so I guess you can say she has my permission to pull away!

Reading Perfectly Thin, I’m sure will open many eyes to the way people think when it comes to anorexia. The thoughts that ran through Jane’s mind were really heartbreaking. To see the way she sees and the way she thought, well, it really is something I’m not sure many have experienced. So if anyone has triggers when it comes to this topic, you may want to pass on Jane’s story. If you don’t, I highly recommend reading this. However, it’s not because it was such a good story, it’s because I feel it’s really helpful to see how our minds can really take things that are said to us, or about us, and turn it into something that can either help or hinder us. Something so little as telling someone they look good after losing a little weight. You’d think that would be nice for them to hear, but for someone like Jane, that just added fuel to the fire that was already raging in her mind about losing weight and wanting to become...Perfectly Thin. Sometimes we can say things to others without a moment of thought. In the end, it really depends how that person will take and process it in their minds. This book really opened my eyes to anorexia. I honestly never would have thought that this is how someone’s mind works. So yes, I definitely would recommend this to anyone that is able to read it. For me, it was a major eye opening moment and a story I’ll never forget!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment