Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy ♥ 5 Stars ♥

Fighting RedemptionFighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+ SHINING STARS!

What a beautiful and heart-wrenching story of a broken soldier's love for a girl who owned his heart.

Ryan grew up with an enormous guilt from a tragedy that struck his family when he was just a young boy. He dealt with a drunken father, and a mother who didn't protect him or herself. He had a life long dream of becoming a solider and getting away from the torment he knew.
Jake and Finlay Tanner walked into his life right when he needed them. Jake became a brother and Fin became his heart. As much as he loved and wanted Fin he wouldn't allow himself to have her because of his life long dream of becoming a solider. So he kept his love and wanting to himself. At 19, he joined the Army.

"For six years I fought every day not to think of you, and I lost, because every day you were all I could see."

This was a very emotional read and I can't tell you how many times I cried. But it was worth every tear.

This story was so beautifully written. In the beginning we are given a glimpse of the future, which already had me in tears. The questions and assumptions were racing through my mind. Then we get the story from the beginning, showing us how the relationships grew over the years highlighting all the important times in their life. You can't help but fall in love with the characters and feel the power of love they have for each other.

I'll love you longer than the stars that live in the sky."

This was a very powerful and emotional read. I highly recommend!!


♥I'm so incredibly thankful for the men and women who serve and protect our country. My heart goes out to the families they leave behind, not knowing if they'll ever see their loved ones again. You are all truly heroes! ♥


Standalone with a HEA ♥

Reviewed by: Chris


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment