Saturday, December 14, 2013

Left Drowning by Jessica Park

Left DrowningLeft Drowning by Jessica Park
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Buy link:  http://amzn.to/1cJjnUH

4.5 stars!!

This book is pretty good and definitely had me crying early on. I loved the relationships that were built between all characters. They were all there for each other just trying to mend each other's hearts.

I felt so bad for the things that Chris had to go through, while growing up, in order to protect his siblings. He endured all so that they would not get anything from their father the way he would. He spent his life after their mother passes protecting them and giving them better.

This book is mainly told in one POV ... But I liked how on certain parts that would change. It wasn't transferred in different POV through the whole book. It was just key moments that the author would switch, and I enjoyed that.

One of my favorite parts is toward the end when Blythe is running trying to complete a goal of hers that Sabin is always telling her she can do. There's a part in the track that u have to run up hills that she says most people fall out on because it's hard. While she is running the hills, she starts to cry because she is about to break. Chris notices and wipes her tears and starts speaking to her knowing that his words will give her the strength she needs. What he tells her, is so beautiful. I also love how during this run everyone alternates running with get to give her motivation.

All in all this book had me shedding tears, as well as laughing out loud. Definitely a great read! Would love to read about others from this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment