Thursday, December 7, 2017

Behind the Bars by Brittainy C. Cherry ~ Review by Juls

Behind the BarsBehind the Bars by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4.5 Stars!

“It’s hard to be around you sometimes,” he whispered. “Why’s that?” His eyebrows knit together and he lowered his voice. “Because you make my heart beat.”



I’m wondering if there’s a book written by Brittany C. Cherry that doesn't cause me to grab for my box of tissues. I think every book that I’ve read of hers has had me crying at some point. I didn’t cry as much in this story like I did with her Elements Series, but the tears definitely were flowing! I’m not sure if my heart broke more for Elliott or for Jasmine. They both were so sad and going through the toughest situations, yet their circumstances were so different. Together they helped each other grow into the b-beautiful people they truly were. I loved that this story was surrounded by the beauty of music. I believe that music can bring out so many emotions. It’s something so many of us can relate to and use as a healing mechanism when it comes to certain situations. In the same way it healed Elliott, Jasmine, and TJ, music helped connect them. And once they found their “truth”, it helped them shine! I really enjoyed, Behind the Bars, and I liked the characters as well! Just another fantastic story written by this wonderful author!

- Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment