Tuesday, November 19, 2019

IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT by L.J. Shen: Review by Lys

< In the Unlikely EventIn the Unlikely Event by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In The Unlikely Event is an EPIC, second chance romance that stands the test of time, deception, and betrayal.

ITUE is a story all of it's own. L.J. Shen's writing style is unique, fresh, and flawless. The storyline was entirely unexpected. I love that she didn’t play it safe and wrote a story completely different than anything she has written before. I enjoyed the multiple POVs. Especially the ones that were a bit unusual. What perspective!

While reading Mal and Rory's story, I was overwhelmed with emotions. I was initially thrilled, then I felt like I had been sucker punched. My heart hurt. I was confused. Dying to know WHAT HAPPENED?! What happened to the carefree, adventurous boy so full of life?! Who was this grown man who had become so hostile and angry?

As the story unraveled, I was in awe of it's complexity. It was MAGIC! I had become consumed just as Rory was by their undeniable connection, their passion, their love. The intense and passionate Mal pulled me in as well. I was lost to his charisma and his Irish charm. I could not get enough!

L.J. Shen is a unicorn author. She is a brilliant storyteller. She is one of my FAVORITES. I highly recommend that you not only read, In The Unlikely Event, but all of her books so that you too will know what it's like to be #addictedtoshen.

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment