Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saviour by Lesley Jones: Review by Juls

Saviour (Saviour, #1)Saviour by Lesley Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Purchase Link:
 http://amzn.to/1vwW6Ny



****** I Love Story Time Review*****

I was really torn on how I should rate this book! So I decided to rate it 4 stars because it was an over all good story! I did love Gabe and Lauren! Her best friends were awesome as well. One thing I do have to point out is that I loved that Lauren was real. She's not the book character that has the perfect tight body, the perfect hair with the perfect "everything" !! She had a real women's type of body after having kids! I do realize that there are some lucky women who don't get the belly or stretch marks, but lately almost all books don't talk about these issues. I loved the conversation that she has with Gabe about her belly and that she has stretch marks! That's NORMAL and very relateable. I wish there were more books like this, that have the not so perfect girl all of the time. There are two parts in the story that Gabe and Lauren are having sex and she is thinking in her head about a certain body part that I tend to wonder about as well at times....LOL........

.... I'm overly aware of the fact that because of the way we're sitting, he can see my spare tire around my belly and I'm feeling very self-conscious.

There is another sex scene that she is thinking in her head how her body must look and how it must feel because of the way he is holding her. Gabe asks her what is wrong and she explains to him what she is feeling.... Gabe's response to her was perfect!! I fell in love with Gabe at that exact moment!! I think just this topic alone is what got me to the 4 star rating. I wish more authors would have more natural women in their books. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all of them, it just was nice to read something that is more relatable.

I loved the conversations that Gabe and Lauren would have at times. Some of Gabe's responses were hilarious and showed his personality perfectly.......

"Good, I'm glad you're happy because I'm happy too, but if you were to pull down my jeans, sit on my cock, wiggle your arse and jiggle your tits like when you were dancing for me I'd be over the fucking moon."

"Aww baby, you're so romanctic, how have I survived so long without you in my life?"
I ask with a very serious look on my face.

" "I know......I know baby. Like my cock, it must've been hard."


HaHaHa..... Gabe had such a great personality, I just loved it!!!

Now...why not a 5 star rating? There are some things that I didn't agree with in the story that caused me to drop my rating. I can't get into great detail, since I don't want to give any spoilers away, so I will just say a little about it. First, I expected more from Lauren's past to come around. It was as if it was just over and nothing to deal with. Yes it did come around here and there but, I felt there could have been more to the situation to make that part of the story so much better. Also, you find out something about Gabe's past and I couldn't believe the response to what went on. I don't see that as real. I'm not saying the "incident" can't happen, what I'm saying is I didn't like the lack of response for Gabe. I felt that it should have been dealt with better with a different outcome. It almost was like it wasn't important, and was overlooked. But this is just my opinion.

That being said, would I still recommend this book? Yes!!! Absolutely! I still enjoyed it, and I'm still looking forward to reading the continuation of Gabe and Lauren's story in book 2. Maybe I will get more answers and it will all come together!! So, if you haven't read, I definitely would get started because the good moments and the story line definitely out way the things I didn't agree with!


-Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment