Thursday, August 28, 2014

YOU LOVED ME AT MY DARKEST by Evie Harper ~ Release Day Blitz




Title: You Loved Me At My Darkest
Series: You Loved Me #1
Author: Evie Harper

Release Date:  August 28, 2014


Synopsis
Lily
Ripped from Heaven, Burned in Hell.
Caught and caged in beauty.
Beauty comes at a cost.
One man holds the key to our survival, to our freedom.
Find out how I lived and lost the greatest thing on earth.
Love.

Jake
I didn't see her coming and that will be my downfall.
She will ruin me, take everything from me, and give me everything I can't have.
I can't help her. I won't.
She is innocence. She is strength.
She is my piece of heaven in hell.
I’m not letting her go.






Links to Buy



Review

You Loved Me At My Darkest (You Loved Me, #1)You Loved Me At My Darkest by Evie Harper
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An AMAAAZING debut novel by Aussie author Evie Harper! You Loved Me At My Darkest was a well written, emotional, and incredibly suspenseful story about Lily and her younger sister Sasha. The storyline is non-stop…I could not put it down. A MUST read for fans of dark romance!

Lily and Sasha, two very close sisters from Australia, are recovery from the heartache of losing their parents in an automobile accident. Trying to move forward and lead the lives their parents would have wanted for them, they set off to travel the world. First stop…New York City. As they enjoy the sites of the city, little do they know that they have been marked, watched, and admired from the moment they stepped off the airplane.

“Stupid girls, you have a fox chasing you, and you are going to be so easy to catch.”

Kidnapped by Marco, a sex slave king pin, the sisters must hold on to the only thing they have, each other. Lily, carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders is determined to save them from an unforeseen evil; a life of abuse.

“My eyes sting with tears that I won’t allow to fall. Rage and desperation surge through my blood like a torrent of forceful water, heating my body and clenching my fist. I don’t want to tell my sister she may get hit, that she may be touched.”

Jake, Marco’s right hand man, is lost and broken himself. Due to a tragic past of his own, he is not the person he once was and is left as just a shell of who he used to be; enabling him to be disconnected, unattached and without emotion; a perfect solider for Marco. Of course, that is up until the moment he locks eyes with Lily, the only girl that can see the storm of emotions brewing in his eyes.

“She’s the fire, and I am a stupid motherfucking moth who wants what I can’t have. And what I can’t have is Lily Morgan.”

You will love Lily. She is a fighter with a smart mouth and an unwavering will to survive. Even as Marco tries to break her, she never loses her determination to break free from the hell that she and her sister are trapped in.

“As much as I want to fall back into bed and hide away from the world, I’m not going to give Marco or anyone else the power to destroy me. It’s my time to be brave. I might still cry and I might still fall, but at the end of all this, I will be free and I will bring them all to their knees.”

I absolutely loved this book! It was so emotional. I could relate to Lily and her need to do whatever it took to keep her sister safe as I have two sisters that I would die to protect. My heart broke for Lily and Sasha for what they had to endure. Their journey will stay with you long after you finish this book. Evie Harper did a beautiful job bringing her characters to life. You will feel everything! I look forward to reading more from Evie and I am hoping that there will be a book about Joseph and Alexa and Kanye and Emily. Their stories have yet to be told! This was definitely 5 star MUST read for me. I would recommend it to any reader that enjoys a dark, gritty, suspenseful storyline with an unexpected hero and a bad ass heroine.

“Never say never”


♥ Review by Lys





Author Bio


Evie Harper is an Aussie girl who has always been in love with reading. She decided to try her hand at writing and found it addictive and inspirational.
 
You Loved Me At My Darkest is Evie's debut novel. It is a stand-alone with two companion novels to follow:

You Loved Me At My Weakest
You Loved Me At My Ugliest



You Loved Me series are dark romance stories and are only recommended for readers 18+ due to mature content.
Author Links



Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment