Sunday, April 13, 2014

Give Me Strength by Kate McCarthy: Review by Juls

Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)Give Me Strength by Kate McCarthy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 Purchase Link:
http://amzn.to/1d36AJa



I am so in "awe" when it comes to Kate McCarthy's writing. Seriously!!! I have yet to be disappointed and this book is no different.

If a book can make me cry by the end of the "prologue"...well, that is a great book!!! I already had tears in my eyes just reading that. I can't imagine what Quinn went through losing so much in such a little time. To finally have something that you wanted and then to nothing...is so heart breaking.

The story Give Me Strength gave me everything. I think I went through all emotions. I cried, I laughed, I got pissed, and I totally got nervous during the action. I most definitely got a glow while reading the hot parts!! I think this book had the sexiest scenes from Kate! Travis did not disappoint! Especially when he talked....


"I want to savour you, Quinn, but right now, I need to fuck you."


"I want you naked so that when I get back I can slide into bed and into you."


See??? Hot, right??? Don't get me wrong, Travis had his warm moments too..


"Quinn,"he said softly,"I also love knowing I have you to look forward to at the end of the day, and I love knowing that when I open my eyes in the morning the first thing I'll see is you."


Swoon...


Quinn was too cute! I loved how they always just threw her around or made comments about how small she was. She is a feisty little thing! At times though, she did get me mad. I tend to have a difficult time reading a book where the girl fights her feelings and tries to push the guy away because of her past. That's when I was at my "pissed" stage... Ha Ha.. I just want less pushing and more grabbing!!! Oh, and when that finally started happening...I was in love!

I was so happy when everything fell into place. The outcome of Quinn and Travis' story shattered my heart, but in a good way. Quinn found love and family, the two things her life always lacked. Quinn also has someone that she never thought she would come across. The epilogue? Well, that was just icing on the cake!!

I just love the relationships between the Jamieson clan. Every one of them have their own little characteristics about them that I love. I love the bickering back and forth and the love they have for one another. It must have been so over whelming for Quinn at first to be around them coming for the life that she has had. However, she is finally part of a true family.

One of the many things I love that Kate does is at the end of this series...she inputs the next book...


"What did Quinn say her name was?" I checked my phone and looked up. "Grace."


As I squeal and rub my palms together back and forth with the biggest smile on my face!!!... I can not wait for "Give Me Grace". I already love Casey!

P.S.
I would love a book about Jake and Mac... Oh and Henry.
Definitely Henry!!


Kate? If you see this... all I have to say is...


"Well life with you and the badass brigade is never going to be dull, is it?"


~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment