Thursday, April 10, 2014

SUMMER SKY by Lisa Swallow: Review by Juls



        I would like to first say Thank you to Lisa Swallow for providing I Love Story Time with an ARC of Summer Sky. We always love when authors ask for us to read and review their books!


I'm honestly torn when it comes to this book and how I should rate it. I really wish that there were half stars! This book had some good scenes between Sky and Dylan. For me, this book was a 3.5 star!


Dylan Morgan is the lead singer in a rock band. However, he is not happy with his life. He's tired of the fame and people always taking control of his life for him. So what does he do? He changes his appearance and walks away without telling anyone.


Sky Davis just found her boyfriend of 5 years with another girl. To get away from her situation she leaves him, her home, and her job to go back to a place that fills her with nothing but happy memories of growing up...her grandma's beach house!

Dylan and Sky's worlds collide. Sky thinks Dylan is arrogant and has too many tattoos. On the other hand, Dylan can't get enough of Sky's smart mouth and over the fact that she does not know who he is.

Dylan falls for Sky faster then he ever thought he could fall for someone.....

"Fuck the chemistry, we were meant to meet. I never believed in destiny or soul mates or any of that bullshit but then you came along. I always knew I was lost, but I didn't realize how much until I met you."

Sky is also unable to deny the pull she has towards Dylan. Sky has a hard time believing that someone like Dylan, a "rock star", can feel the way he does about her. Dylan will do anything he can to show Sky she is what he wants....

"Love isn't something predictable, Sky, and doesn't follow rules. You can't decide who to fall in love with, or when. Love and logic don't go together, but when I'm with you, everything makes sense."

I think what was holding me back from rating this book higher is my frustration with Sky's lack of confidence. After finding out who Dylan is,she can't see herself being with someone with his life style. Also, she couldn't see why he would be interested in someone like her when he can have any woman he wants. No matter how many times Dylan told her and showed her what she does to him, it took awhile for Sky to give their relationship a chance. Another thing that bothered me about Sky's character is that she pushes Dylan away so many times! Yes she was just getting out of a long term relationship with someone, but when you have a strong pull with someone and claim to have the feelings she said she did for Dylan...why push? She just frustrated me so much! I did like Dylan so I'm hoping to read more of his story. I would have liked to have read more about them as a couple vs the push and pull...too much angst for me. I just needed more. I'm looking forward to more in book 2!!


I have to admit that the ending did grab me. Let me just say "cliffhanger"!!! It left my head spinning!! I am definitely looking forward to reading book 2 to see what really happened?! Definitely a well written book by Lisa Swallow:)

~Juls

No comments:

Post a Comment