Thursday, October 5, 2017

From the Ruins by Janine Infante Bosco ~ Review by Juls

From The RuinsFrom The Ruins by Janine Infante Bosco
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4 Stars!


“We never go looking for the missing pieces. They just find us when we’re least expecting it,”


Truth.... from the Ruins is everything Janine would write about. Another truth is it’s everything I love to read! A single, hard working mom. An alpha with a lost soul, and the kids that bring it all together. I liked Pipe and Layla’s relationship, but what really got me was the relationship between Pipe and the children. It seriously gets me every time! Throw kids into the mix, and I fall in love just like Pipe did! Pipe is also mourning the loss of his wife, and I loved the fact that Oksana was never over looked. She had a piece of Pipes heart throughout the story, and I thank Janine for writing that transition so beautifully. I will admit that I had tears in my eyes before I even started reading From the Ruins. My eyes started watering just from the letter to her readers. I felt that Janine gave us her truth and that alone just makes me love her writing that much more! The only reason why I didn't rate this 5 stars, is because other stories that I have read from Janine have severely left me gutted. They have made me ugly cry, and have kept me crying days later just thinking about them. This unfortunately, didn't do that. But it was still a great read, and one I would continue to recommend!

~ Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment