Monday, June 24, 2019

TEARDROP SHOT by Tijan: Review by Lys

Teardrop ShotTeardrop Shot by Tijan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to be honest and say that this story took me by surprise. First, I admit that I had no idea what teardrop shot meant, so I thought it an usual title because I had nothing to relate it to. Second, when I first started reading, I had such a hard time connecting with the heroine. She was a bit bizarre and all over the place. Then, her awkwardness spoke to my awkwardness, and I got her. I really got her. I felt for her. I hurt for her. I cried for her. I hoped for her. I cheered for her!

Reese and Charlie's story was surprisingly emotional. It was SO much more than just a sports romance. It gutted me and made me feel. I was heart broken over what Charlie was trying to hide and what Reese was trying to avoid. Charlie and her questions had me laughing out loud, and I loved the way Reese wasn't scared off by her personal demons. I especially appreciated the way he handled Reese's past... like a real, caring, confident man.

When I finally learned what a teardrop shot was and when Reese explained what it meant in reference to Charlie, it brought everything together for me. I just sighed and thought... Tijan is freakin' literary genius. Seriously! I haven't read a story of her's that hasn't consumed me completely. She is one of the few authors that can go back and forth between different romance tropes and nail it every single time.

I loved Reese and Charlie. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to spend a few days with them. Teardrop Shot is definitely one of my favorite Tijan reads. I highly recommend!

♥Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment