Sunday, September 28, 2014

Facade by Ker Dukey & D.H: Review By Lys

HOLY HELL! Ker Dukey and DH have done it again! Another mind blowing, nail biting, stomach squeezing, heart pounding 5 star MUST read!!

From the very first page I was hooked. The storyline begins with a woman who wakes up in a dungeon like cell not knowing...well anything.

"Who was I? Where was I? What was my name? Hell I didn't even know how old I was?" 

When her captors reveal themselves to her, she immediately feels a sense of recognition even though they deny her accusations. With out her memory, she is unable to connect the dots as to who they are and why she is there. When she meets the man in charge, Dante Troy, she struggles to fight the physical attraction that she feels towards him. Despite the lust that is revealed back to her in his eyes, she is left feeling confused and insecure regarding his true intentions. Dante Troy has an agenda of his own. 

"I needed to remember my reasons for doing this, allow the ache molded from betrayal and bitterness that was fused into my soul from an early age rule here. I couldn't let my cock, my eyes or the fire buried deep down in the pit of my fiber burn out the hate I had for her. I needed my vengeance...I fucking earned it. " 

What Dante failed to anticipate in his well thought out game, was that deeply buried embers would reignite and feelings would resurface. His biggest miscalculation was that the woman he loved would fight...she would fight for answers and fight to find herself.

"I swallowed back the self-disgust, the humiliation and the misery and I ate. I ate to give me strength, I ate to fuel my revulsion and I ate to show them I wasn't done yet."
 
I can not go on enough about how amazing this book was! I just don't want to give you anymore details because I want you to experience every single, emotionally entangled twist and turn for yourself! In true Ker Dukey fashion, Facade was well written and the storyline was brilliantly executed. I would HIGHLY recommend! No one does a dark read better than Ker Dukey. If you have not read her previous and unrelated novel, Empathy, you must read that too! It's another 5 star recommendation. This is however my first book by DH, so excuse me while I head over to her site to 1-click!:)

~Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment