Monday, November 24, 2014

Where I Belong by J. Daniels : Review by Juls

Where I Belong (Alabama Summer, #1)Where I Belong by J. Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest Review ***


4 Stars!


I really enjoyed this story! I loved Ben, Mia and Tessa. I love stories that are about best friends with brothers. Ben and Tessa are brother and sister, and Mia is Tessa's best friend. They all grew up together and Mia practically lived at Tessa's house. However, at that time in their lives, Ben had always been mean to Mia. Ben, constantly made fun of her and was constantly making her cry. Mia ended up moving away and had not seen Tessa in over 9 years. Mia came back to spend the summer with Tessa planning to stay far away from Ben.

When Ben and Mia first come across each other Ben slips back to his old ways and starts to tease her. But, when he sees her face for the first time, realizing who she is, everything changes. Ben realizes that his feeling or no longer the same and will do any thing to get Mia to forgive everything that he ever did to her. So he asks her to be his friend in hopes of her realizing that he has changed since the last time she saw him.

Mia can't get over the way Ben looks when she runs into him at Tessa's house. She also can't fight the way her body reacts to him when he is around her. Mia is constantly reminding herself how mean he used to be to her in order to fight her attraction to him.

Ben is HOT! I love that you find out all these little things about Ben as the story first starts. When starting the book you don't know much about Ben other then how hot he is and how good of a dirty talker he is in bed. Then, you get to see a different side of him that I loved even more. You get to see the tender and loving side that if you haven't already, it makes you fall in love with him all over again. Then as you keep going you find out another little piece of information that just adds to his hotness. It was like unwrapping a present until getting to the final present! I loved everything about him in this story. His personality, his fierceness, his jokes, his words, and even his alpla ways that come out now and then. But mostly, I loved his tenderness....


"I just want to spend some time with you. I've made you smile a few times and I think I can do it again if you'll let me. I'm just asking for a chance Mia. If you hate the guy I am now then I'll leave you alone. I swear."


Tessa is so open and funny with her comments. She seriously says anything that pops in her head. Some things that she says are hilarious and I loved that she still wanted every little detail when it came between Ben and Mia's relationship. I'm just thinking about all the things that she said that totally made me laugh out loud. My favorite was when Tessa was giving Mia advice on a warning label that Mia should be wearing....


"As should you. Please keep all dicks less than nine inches away from this pussy, because the bar has been set."


or...


"I don't see why you can't give him a chance while he's between your legs. You'd at least get some relief if he was fucking you into the friend zone."


There are many great "moments" that Tessa blesses us with her words of wisdom, but you will just have to read to get those!!

I don't want to give too much away so I will have to stop there. I was able to read this book in one sitting, because I couldn't get enough of Ben and Mia. I was so happy with the ending and I am so excited to dive right into Book 2 All I Want. I am hoping it will follow with what's going on in Ben and Mia's life while reading about Luck and Tessa's story. I'm hoping that Tessa is just as animated as she was in this story. Maybe even more! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that likes stories between best friends and brothers...that didn't always start out with hearts and flowers.

~ Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment