Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Someone Like You by Alexandra Silva ~ Review by Juls

Someone Like You (Imperfect Hearts, # 3)Someone Like You by Alexandra Silva
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


3.5 Stars!

I have to start this review by saying how much I’ve been enjoying this series. I really liked No One But You as well as For You. I also liked both Dorian and Jake in those stories as supporting characters. So when I saw that they were getting their own story in, Someone Like You, I was really looking forward to reading it. I knew Jake would be the perfect person for Dorian. I knew he’d bring laughter and happiness into her life, which we all know she deserves. I knew he’d be the perfect gentleman with a side of spice! And, I definitely knew he would be a great role model for Daniel!

What I didn’t expect was the feeling I’d have after reading, Someone Like You. I just felt like something was lacking from the story. I’m honestly not sure why I wasn’t able to really connect to it like I was hoping. I knew I liked them from the previous books, but I just don’t think that I was able to really enjoy Dorian’s character one on one. There was just something about her that I had a hard time with. I also struggled with hearing the nickname “pretty girl” repeatedly. So, with that said, was this my favorite book from the series? Honestly? Probably not. But will I continue to follow this author and read her next release? Absolutely! I’d still recommend the Imperfect Hearts Series to everyone! Because like I mentioned, I really enjoyed book 1 & 2! I just didn’t connect as much with book 3. But that doesn’t mean someone else won’t!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment