Friday, August 9, 2019

What Comes After by Melissa Toppen ~ Review by Juls

What Comes AfterWhat Comes After by Melissa Toppen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What Comes After is exactly how that ending left me feeling. I loved Abel, and I just wanted more of what’s next! The ending also gave me goosebumps!! Plus, I have tears coming down my face. I don’t know how many times throughout this story I had a lump in my throat. It’s like I was trying to swallow a ball that I could barely get down. You will definitely want to grab some tissues prior to starting. That way you're nice and ready for this emotional roller coaster. I feel like I felt Abel’s pain the entire time. The way he talked and felt about his wife was beautiful. I loved what he said about her when it came to her reading...

“She loved everything, but mostly romance. It would fascinate me, watching her read. I could tell what was happening based on her expression. She felt every character and story so deeply while she was reading it was almost like they were a part of her.”

This is exactly how I felt while I read. These characters, especially Abel, will always be a part of me. His story has touched me, and I’m just so happy that he got his second chance at love.

“If you want a future you have to learn to let go of the past.”

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment