Friday, June 8, 2018

The Girl & Her Ren by Pepper Winters ~ Review by Juls

The Girl and Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2)The Girl and Her Ren by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


More Than 5 Stars!!

WOW!!! I’m pretty much speechless after reading this. I am so emotionally drained right now. I literally just finished reading The Girl & Her Ren, and I immediately started writing this review. I wanted to write this while my emotions from the conclusion were still present. I fell in love with The Boy & His Ribbon. To be honest, I’ve read it three times. I was trying to be patient while I waited for book 2, so that's what I read to hold me over. However, when The Girl & Her Ren hit my kindle, I was hesitant to start reading it because I knew once I started, there was no going back. I knew I would devour it, and I didn’t want their story to end. So, I re-read book one and fell in love with Ren all over again. Then once I was able to compose myself, I went in for the kill, and started book 2. Where once again, I fell in love with Ren Wild, and I honestly didn’t think I could love him more than I already did. But I was wrong...so very wrong! This time around I got to see Ren in a completely different light. I realized I had fallen in love with a boy, and now I am completely infatuated with a man! I love that between both books we get to see two sides of him. We see the times he struggled and the times he excelled. We see the protector he was and the provider he has always been. We get to see it all, we get to love it all, and yes, we even get to cry over it all. I cried for the 10 year old Ren that was fighting to survive, and I cried for the 23 year old Ren that struggled to allow himself to love the only person he could possibly ever love. I also cried for the 40 year old Ren that never gave up hope, and showered us with his ever lasting love! I’ll always remember this duet. Ren and Dalia’s story has been engraved in my heart and is by far one of the best duets I’ve had the pleasure to read. This story is truly all consuming. You will love it, you will cherish it, and it will make you full on ugly cry. But most of all, you will NEVER forget it! Pepper Winters will always be known for writing such an EPIC duet! The Boy & His Ribbon, as well as The Girl & Her Ren, both deserve way more then 5 Stars!!

- Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment