Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Hush by Anne Malcom ~ Review by Juls

HushHush by Anne Malcom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“You’re a fucking warrior, Orion. In your heart. In your mind. In your spirit. The whole world knows it already. You’ve just gotta catch up. I want you to be the heroine of your own story.”


“I’m not the heroine, Maddox,” she said, stepping back. “I’m the villain. You just don’t see it yet.”



This was a very interesting story, to say the least. It was totally different than what I was expecting, but it’s always nice to read something other than the usual romance novels. It was good, but may also be hard for some to read if they have triggers. However, I believe the authors did a good job with the dialogue because they didn’t go into exact details when it came to some circumstances in the storyline. I also think the cover looks a little scarier than the actual story, so don’t let that scare you away if it looks a little intimidating to you!

I would like to note that Hush is narrated vs. written in first person. I do prefer to read books that are written in first person or dual P.O.V. I personally feel that I can relate and connect to the characters more. I tend to feel a detachment when stories are narrated, but as always, that will just depend if the reader has a preference or not.


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment