Saturday, April 4, 2015

I'll Sing For My Food by B.R. Kingsolver : Review by Juls

I'll Sing for my DinnerI'll Sing for my Dinner by B.R. Kingsolver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***

4 Stars!

"There's love, and sometimes there are things beyond love."

Wow..... that was a story that I did not expect! There were so many twist and turns that took place that I did not see coming. When we first meet Cecily she is homeless trying to get by with what she has. Cecily is running from a past that I did not expect. Jake is the owner of the bar that Cecily walks into looking for a way to earn a meal. She offers to sing for his bar during dinner time in exchange for a meal. Jake being the easy going, heart warming guy that he is, takes her up on her offer. He is always willing to help those in need. Right away Jake can tell there's something special about Cecily and offers her a job at his bar.

The relationship that grows between them is beautiful and eventful. As I continued to read more about Cecily I was so surprised by the things that she has done in her past, and I was stunned to know that this innocent looking girl can have a different side to her. One that I know made Jake come out of his comfort zone and struggled to give her. Jake loved her so much; therefore, he was willing to put aside what he was used to in order to give her what she needed.

I'll Sing For My Dinner was so much more then your ordinary love story. It was loving, suspenseful, and most of all...made me laugh so many times. I loved Cecily's personality. One of my favorite parts was when she said....

"Now I understand why girls like horses so much." She leaned down and patted Maggie's neck. "I never expected that I'd get my first orgasm at the Top Hat Ranch from another girl."

Such a great part! That was one thing I really admired about Cecily. She said what she wanted, when she wanted, and didn't care who was around! This was really a great love story with all kinds of little secrets that we find out about the characters throughout their story!!

~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment