Saturday, April 11, 2015

Jake's Journals by Janine Infante-Bosco : Review by Juls

Jake's Journal: The Riverdale Series Companion (The Riverdale Series, #3.5)Jake's Journal: The Riverdale Series Companion by Janine Infante Bosco
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


***** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review *****

5 tear falling stars!!

It is so crazy to think that Jake has been in my "book life" for a year already! Even though it has been a while since I've read Pieces, he continues to be in my thoughts like I just met him yesterday. Every time I think of the Riverdale Series, I just can't stop the tears from falling. All I have to say is that if you have not read this series, you MUST!!! This series consist of 3 books and now a new companion novel, and all 4 books are by far 5 star reads! I have read over 500 books, and I can honestly say that I remember every detail from this series. There are some stories that I read just a few weeks ago that I can't remember much about because they didn't stick with me the way these have. The Riverdale Series will always be a part of me and will always be one of my most favorite series!

Janine Infante-Bosco has broke my heart once again in writing Jake's Journals. I seriously thought that I had cried all my tears while reading the first 3 books, however, these journals brought me to my knees. I was able to hold my tears in until I was about 33% into the story and then the dam broke. I started crying while reading Jake's letter to his mom and from there, I cried until the very end.

I cried the most while reading...Dear, Luckiest Man in the World. Even though Jake was going through so much in his life, he continued to show how much he truly loved Cara. I loved being in Jake's head while reading his journals. I remember everything he wrote about and I loved that his personality shown thru in his writing. Jake has permanently secured a spot in my heart and so did Janine!

I would like to say "thank you" to Jannie for writing one of the best series that has truly brought out every emotion possible in me. My hat goes off to her for writing Jake's Journals, and for providing the Riverdale Series with the best closure to a series written. I loved everything about each book and I can not wait to see what will be coming next from such an amazing author. Even though the Lanza family's story is complete, Jake and his wiggling eyebrows will never be forgotten!

~ Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment