Saturday, April 4, 2015

SAIL (Wake, #2) by M. Mabie: Review by Lys

Sail (Wake, #2)Sail by M. Mabie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"He was my normal. He was my home. He was everywhere I wanted to be and the place I most wanted to go. I just had to accept that it was good. That we were good. And even though what I'd done was awful and hurtful, I was just learning how to love someone who loved me the way I'd craved. But most surprisingly, I think I was just learning to love myself a little better. The actual me that Casey had helped bring to life. The me I wanted to be." ~Blake

Wow! Sail takes you on an emotional roller coaster with one unexpected scene that will leave you breathless! I couldn't believe the turn of events that had me glued to every word! M. Mabie wrote a heart warming addition to Bait, which was heart wrenching! Picking up right where Bait left off, we get to read about how Blake and Casey weather through Blake's divorce and their long distance relationship. There were still times that I wanted to smack Blake and tell Casey to run far, far away! I did love them as a couple, but I loved Casey even more, and I wanted him to get everything he deserved. He had sacrificed so much for Blake. His love for her never faltered. In this second installment to the Wake series, we get to read about how two people moved heaven and hell to be together and that when it's meant to be...true love prevails.

"The best things are worth waiting a little for, honeybee. Otherwise, fairy tales would start with happily ever after." ~Casey

I really enjoyed both Bait and Sail. In some ways, even though the storyline is different, on an emotional level...they reminded me of the Love Me With Lies series by Tarryn Fisher and the Thoughtless series by S.C. Stephens. Bait and Sail will sucker punch you and make you want to throw your kindle, yet they are swoon-a-licious...sexy...and super HOT! I highly recommend both!

P.S. Hoping for Blake's brother, Reggie's story! That boy is intense and all alpha HOT! Yumm...

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment