Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Healing The Pieces by Shelby Reeves : Review by Juls

Healing the Pieces (Pieces #2)Healing the Pieces by Shelby Reeves
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5 Stars!!


I LOVED THIS STORY!!! Healing The Pieces starts off right where Picking Up The Pieces ended. Once again, Shelby Reeves has brought out every emotion possible in me! I didn't cry as hard as I did in book 1, but I definitely had tears fall more than once. There was so much that went on in this story, and I'm so glad that I got all the answers to the questions I had from book 1. However, now that I have them, I am even more confused about one specific character.

Rylie...my feelings about him are all over the place. Now that I know everything there is to know, I don't know if I should be pulling for him or telling him that he deserved everything that came his way. Part of me feels like there had to be another way; a better direction that he could have taken with the situation that he got himself into. I feel that he could have sought out the help he needed without becoming the person he became. On the other side, with hearing Rylie's thoughts throughout the story, I also felt that he really did care about Kaylee. I think that they really could have been good together if he wasn't so lost. In the end, I couldn't forgive him, but I do wish he had been strong enough to stand up for Kaylee.

Now...as for Adam, I loved him! I seriously have not come across a character that is so open and willing to do everything that he did for Kaylee. The love he had for Kaylee was truly amazing. The words of encouragement were never ending. Adam is always by Kaylee's side, holding her hand, and guiding her every step of the way. No matter what happens in their relationship, no matter what obstacles they had to face, Adam never let go....

"As I've told you before, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. You are my world, Kaylee Harper, I'm never going to let you go."

I still like Kaylee! This poor girl has been through so much and continues to go through so many obstacles throughout the story. I still can not stand her mother and the evil she has in her. I'm so glad that Adam's family took Kaylee in and treats her the way she deserves to be treated. Adam's parents are truly amazing.

Lastly...I can't wait until book 3 is released!! I'm going to be DYING until it comes out! I'm already falling in love with Brad. He seems to be the perfect guy! I fell in love with him when he asked Alexis to prom. The words that he said were so sweet! It seriously brought tears to my eyes. I just know my heart is going to be breaking for him. Ugh...just thinking back to how much he cares for Alexis is killing me!!! I'm so torn when it comes between Ethan, Brad, and Alexis. I don't know who I want. I can not get their story in my hands soon enough!

As you can tell, I am really enjoying this series! Another thing that I loved about it, is that it is written with multiple P.O.Vs. It not only goes back and forth between the main characters, but it also gives you the P.O.V. of the supporting characters as well...which is awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to more from this series and I know Shelby Reeves will not disappoint!!

~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment