Friday, May 22, 2015

*** RELEASE DAY BLITZ *** Healing The Pieces by Shelby Reeves


                        Healing The Pieces by Shelby Reeves


                                                                 Synopsis:
The threat.
The trial.
My mother.
It's all too much for someone to handle. My mother is not making my life easy at all, I'm on edge constantly because of the threat, and the upcoming trial makes me want to puke.
The only reason I'm sane right now, is because of Adam. He is my rock, my protector, my everything. I want to throw my hands in the air and give up, but I don't. Adam is the reason for my fight. He makes me want to be strong.
Because of him, I have faith.
Because of him, I'm healing.
                                               
                                               Also Available: 
                         Picking Up The Pieces (Book #1)

    
                                       Synopsis 
At twelve years old, Kaylee Harper’s life took a heartbreaking turn when her father was murdered and she was left for dead.
Now seventeen, Kaylee’s still living with the unbearable guilt from that night. Things now seem to be looking up for Kaylee. She has Alexis Collins, her best friend who is practically her sister, and Riley Thompson, her boyfriend who is the star running back on their high school’s football team.
Kaylee is starting to see that Riley isn’t all that great, but is it too late?
Adam Thomas has everything a teenager could wish for, two loving and caring parents, friends, a nice truck, and a starting spot on the school’s varsity basketball team. Now he just wants the perfect girl and he has his sights set on Kaylee.
After Adam takes her home one night he has no intentions of staying away, but Riley has different plans and he is not about to let her go.
Kaylee’s life is once again turned upside down and this time it’s more than just her that she has to worry about.
Can Adam help Kaylee wash away the guilt she carries around and get her to see that she can trust him? Can he make her see that she is not alone?
As more secrets are revealed will she finally let Adam in so he can protect her? 
   
               Picking Up The Pieces              
                     Review By Juls

5 Stars!!!

Kaylee has not had the easiest life. She is still battling the guilt that she feels over the loss of her dad. Since the day he passed away, she has never felt whole. After her dad died, her relationship with her mother has never been the same. She feels that her mom blames her for his loss but yet she has never said it to her face. Kaylee has a best friend that has been there for her like a sister. Kaylee's boyfriend, Rylie, has been by her side as well but for some reason she can tell that things between them are changing. She doesn't know what is causing Rylie to change; she never thought he would treat her the way that he is. She tells herself that she needs to end things between them before it gets worse, but she may be too late.

Adam is the new boy in school. From the moment they meet, Adam can't get Kaylee out of his head. When he runs into Kaylee and Rylie at school, he can tell that something is not right with their relationship. Adam wants to protect Kaylee from Rylie, but knows he needs Kaylee to open up to him. They become friends but Adam has no problem letting her know that she deserves so much more than Rylie, and that he wants her for himself.

" I want to be with you, Kaylee. I want to be the one to protect you, I want to be the one to love you, and I want to be the one who makes you happy.

I loved the relationship between Adam and Kaylee. Adam was there for her through everything that she went through. I loved Adam's mom and dad and how open their relationship was. I just can't believe the pain and heartache that Rylie puts Kaylee through. The things that he does to her, and continues to do to her,were heartbreaking. There were so many times I cried for her. I felt that she could never get a break. Throughout the entire story, there were so many situations that Kaylee had to live through and Adam continued to be there for her. Adam was seriously amazing and the love and support he was constantly giving Kaylee is admirable.

I have had this ARC on my to read list for a few months, and I am sooo happy that I have finally been able to read it! I wish that I could have got to it sooner, but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to read an ARC copy. This story was emotionally overwhelming. The minute I started, I was consumed. I could not put it down and I read it in one sitting! There was so much that went on from the beginning until the end. The writing was phenomenal, and I will absolutely be following this series as it continues to be released!


No comments:

Post a Comment