Monday, February 12, 2018

Cruz by H.J Bellus ~ Review by Juls

Cruz (Diablo’s Throne, #1)Cruz by H.J. Bellus
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 Stars.

It’s not easy for me to write this review. It’s been a few days since I’ve read Cruz, and I’ve been struggling with what I’m going to say. First off, let me say that I have always loved H.J. Bellus’ stories. I haven’t read one that I didn’t enjoy. I LOVED The Flight of Hope and her That Girl series was one of my favorites as well. In fact, I've read some of her books more than once! I also had the chance to meet her recently at a signing and that was something I was so excited about! So when I say that I wasn't able to connect with Cruz, it's not something I say lightly. I was really looking forward to loving another book by this amazing author, but for some reason, it didn't hold my attention. I'm sure many will love Cruz. Sadly, it just didn't capture me like her other books. I honestly think that I just couldn't connect with Layla. She kind of bothered me and I also feel that their relationship moved rather quickly. I didn't mind Cruz. I do enjoy MMA fighters and he was pretty sexy in the ring. Towards the end, it did start to pick up for me. At about 80%, it got my attention. I did like the ending! I just wish I had connected a lot sooner. However, I will still read book two. I liked Jag, and I'm really hoping to connect with his story! So even though Cruz isn't one of my favorites written by this author, that will not keep me from grabbing her next release!

~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment