Monday, February 12, 2018

Keeping It by Rachel Robinson: Review by Lys

Keeping It: A NAVY SEAL meets Virgin RomanceKeeping It: A NAVY SEAL meets Virgin Romance by Rachel Robinson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars!

Rachel Robinson is a 1-click author for me. I have LOVED her previous novels, so I was looking forward to reading Keeping It. Unfortunately, I really struggled with Tahoe and Caroline's story. Caroline was unique and super sweet, but Tahoe frustrated me. I couldn't connect with his character and I often felt like he really didn't care for Caroline at all. I don't know if it was his macho bravado (I typically love alpha males!) that he put forward in front of his fellow SEALs or his struggle with allowing himself to truly feel something for Caroline. Whatever it was, it made it hard for me to emotionally connect. I think I needed to see more of Tahoe's vulnerability earlier on in the storyline. In the end, I appreciated the growth and maturity that Tahoe experienced on his journey to happily ever after. It was a sweet redemption, and it left me a happy reader and prepared me for the next book in the Real Seal series. Even though Keeping It wasn't my favorite Rachel Robinson novel, it is definitely not my last!

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment