Thursday, February 22, 2018

GENTLEMAN NINE by Penelope Ward: Review by Lys

Gentleman NineGentleman Nine by Penelope Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You know you have a good book in your hands when all you want to do is read. Despite invitations to the movies from friends or going out to dinner with your husband, you just want to sit alone in a quiet room and be consumed by the story and it’s characters. Not even a sense of duty to go grocery shopping, clean the house, or the need to make dinner can pull you away. That’s exactly how I felt about Gentleman Nine. I couldn’t wait to meet Penelope’s next hero, Channing Lord. Now that I’ve met him, I’ll never be the same!

Channing was so different for me than most of Penelope's previous heroes. He wasn't as sexy as Jake or as smooth as Chance, but I found myself drawn to him on a whole different level. I was drawn to him more for his vulnerability than for his muscles and sexy mouth. Channing is a nurturer. He took care of and loved the women he held closest to his heart, and that in turn, melted mine.

Channing and Amber's story ended up being so much more than just a friend to lovers story. There is an emotional side story that connected Channing and Amber in a way that was unbreakable. The surprising twist that came right when I thought their story was coming to an end, blew me away. My heart hurt for everyone. Sometimes heart breaking events happen for a reason and Penelope Ward shows us how in the end, everything works out how it is meant to be.

In true Penelope Ward fashion, Gentleman Nine is made up of everything I have come to love in a romance novel. A heart felt storyline... relatable, good hearted characters that I can't help but fall in love with... laughs, swoons, tears... and an epilogue that makes my cup runneth over.

Gentleman Nine is an I Love Story Time Top Read! I HIGHLY recommend!

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment