Friday, December 19, 2014

BESEIGED (She Who Dares, #1) by LP Lovell: Review by Lys

Besieged (She Who Dares, #1)Besieged by LP Lovell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I literally just finished this book and I am writing this review as tears roll down my cheeks. I am heart broken over the way this book ended but yet so incredibly happy that book 2 is already out! LP Lovell definitely takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions in this love story about a billionaire playboy who experiences love for the first time with a girl fighting to survive her horrific past.

"I live every minute, every hour, every day locked in an epic internal battle where strength fights weakness in a bloody dual, but strength must conquer or weakness will consume all that I am, all that I have fought so hard and risked everything to become." ~ Lilly

In most books where the author has written an alpha male hero, we are given a demure, innocent heroine. Not in this one! Lilly is strong, smart, and assertive. I loved Lilly's character and it was refreshing to read about a woman taking charge not only in the corporate world, but also in the bedroom! Though emotionally guarded, this girl was sexy, seductive, and held nothing back. She knew exactly what she wanted and went after it!

Theo is your classic Christian Grey. I know it is crazy, but I compare all billionaire playboys to Mr. Grey! Minus the red room of pain, Theo was one HOT man. He's beautiful, rich, and says dirty words in a way that he could melt any woman's panty's off! Talk about steamy scenes that make you feel the need to fan yourself! These two characters had explosive, raw chemistry. You could feel the heat coming off the page! Just as it was thigh clenching, it was enduring yet emotional to watch Theo evolve from a selfish womanizer into a swoon worthy book boyfriend. I did however break my heart to watch Lilly struggle with opening herself up to Theo and finally letting him love her.

In addition to well written main characters and storyline, I really enjoyed the relationships that Theo had with his sister, Cat, and best friend, Hugo. Lilly's best friends and roommates, George and Molly, where also a sweet addition. It is always a bonus to have supporting characters that you fall in love with as well. There are several ups and downs and a surprise twist in Theo and Lilly's journey that I think the reader will enjoy.

From start to finish, I really liked this book and I am anxious to start book 2! There are so many layers to this story and I feel like there is so much more to come! I would definitely recommend this book. This is my first LP Lovell novel and it will not be my last!

"The difference between me and everyone is...I've endured more pain and betrayal than most people could dream of. I have endured the stuff of nightmares and yet here I stand, fighting for strength. You know what they say though...Diamonds are made under pressure."~Lilly

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment