Monday, December 22, 2014

Conquered (She Who Dares, #2) by LP Lovell: Review by Lys

Conquered (She Who Dares, #2)Conquered by LP Lovell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Where do I even begin?! Wow...so much goes down in this book! The emotional anxiety that LP Lovell puts you through while reading this continuation of Theo and Lilly's story is off the hook! The storyline becomes so much richer and the sexual angst is scorching hot. Book 2 picks up right where book 1 left off. Theo is trying to pick up the pieces of a broken heart while Lilly is one hot mess.

"Love is not something that wanes easily. To love is to feel pain, to feel vulnerable, but also to feel alive. Love is the difference between living and existing. The loss of love is a test in survival."~Theo

My heart broke for Theo. He finally found the one girl who could settle his wild playboy ways only to be rejected time and time again. How Lilly walked away from him, I will never understand. Theo is sex on a stick...all male hotness with a filthy sexy mouth. Unfortunately, as tempting as he was, it just wasn't enough for Lilly to let herself forgive him.

"I hate you so much for this. I hate you because you took something perfect and you ruined it. I hate you because I love you. No matter how much I hate it, I do love you, so much, but it's not enough."~Lilly

Lilly was the definition of a hot mess...hell bent on self destruction. As much as I felt bad for the situation that she was in, I wanted her to come to her senses, toughen up, and stop drinking her problems away. As always, George and Molly were there to pick her up until one night when even they weren't enough to save Lilly from herself. As Lilly's secrets begin to unfold and someone from her past emerges, everything changes for her and Theo. Theo will risk it all and put his heart on the line once again for the woman who owns his heart. When Lilly finally lets Theo in, what she tells him of her past can possibly be the beginning or the end of their future together.

"I never believed in love before. I'd never met anyone who made me want anything more than one night. Then I met her. She came into my life like an explosion, igniting everything she touched, blinding in her brilliance. Earth shattering. She took my foundations to the core. She made me fall hard. She made me want to risks everything for her, including myself."~Theo

I really enjoyed this one! It was nonstop, raw, and emotional. I have fallen in love with Theo and I am rooting for Lilly. I can't wait to start book 3 and find out the secrets that Lilly has been holding on to. I'm hoping that sharing her past with Theo will set her free and allow her give herself to him fully and completely. They have been through so much together and deserve their happily ever after. I have truly enjoyed this series so far and look forward to the conclusion of Theo and Lilly's love story!

♥Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment