Wednesday, August 9, 2017

BAD DEEDS (Dirty Money, #3) by Lisa Renee Jones: Review by Lys

Bad Deeds (Dirty Money, #3)Bad Deeds by Lisa Renee Jones
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Errr! I'm so... frustrated right now! I have loved this series and now after reading Bad Deeds, I am beside myself. I LOVE a good story line. Especially one like this that has many different layers to it with well developed characters. What I don't like, is when an author takes such a great story and drags it out so much so that I start to lose interest. (Sadly, it's how I felt about the Bared To You Series). You see, this is where I am struggling with this review. I appreciate this author, but I must be honest. Remember though, this is MY opinion. That being said, I enjoyed Bad Deeds. I did, but I felt that it was more fluff than story this time (I found myself skimming to dialogue). The writing is flawless, and I do love Shane Brandon, but that ending... it left me unsettled. I needed closure. I looked forward to having everything wrapped up with a pretty little epilogue. I am ready to say goodbye to the Brandon's, but yet a new thread has been woven where I fear it is going to lead us in an entirely new direction. There are still so many questions unanswered when it comes to Emily that have not even been touched upon. Gah! I'm so nervous. I'm hesitant to keep reading this series, which truly saddens me, as I loved the first two books. How will it end?! Despite my trepidation, my faith is in Lisa Renee Jones. I think she may just make me eat my words and amend this review. Truthfully, I hope so!

♥ Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment