Monday, April 9, 2018

REBEL HEIR by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward: Review by Lys

Rebel Heir (Rush, #1)Rebel Heir by Vi Keeland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am ruined! Ruined! Ruined! Ruined! Gah! I am a mess! *Deep breath* Let me pull myself together. I'm going to cry. Big, fat, UGLY tears! Seriously, THIS book! Ugh, okay, I can do this. But, before I even get into my review, I just want to bring attention to the cover. This cover could not be more PERFECT! The cover model is Rush in EVERY way! From that sexy scowl to that damn cigarette hanging from his mouth... he IS Rush!

Alright, now that I have gotten that out of the way, I don't even know where to start aside from saying, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS BOOK! Yes, it deserves all caps and an exclamation mark at the end, lol. I know... I sound crazy. Truthfully, I feel kind of unstable right now as I write this, so bare with me. My emotions are all over the place. I am on emotion overload! On one hand, I am so excited about this read, and I want to tell you all about it, but I can't. On the other hand, I just want to curl up in my bed and cry. Oh man, Rush and Gia's story is going to run you through the wringer!

When I first met Rush, it was love at first... sight? First read? I don't know, but all I can say is that I just fell immediately in love with his arrogant, hard, bad boy personality. He is guarded and complicated, yet sweet and vulnerable. I loved how intense and witty he was. And Gia... sweet, free spirited Gia. Oh how I wished I was her! She is the girl we all aspire to be. Fun, confident, alluring... the kind of girl that just lights up a room with her smile.

The best part? The angst! Holy hell, the angst! I love a good angsty read and this story was full of it. These two drove each other crazy. They drove me crazy! The things that came out of Rush's mouth even made me hot with anticipation! I would have done anything he asked of me! Get on your knees? Yes, sir! Haha! On a serious note, this story, these characters, had me laughing out loud with their banter, swooning and sighing, and in the end, sobbing. That first unexpected twist sucker punched me, but that second one, it took me out at the knees. It was such a Kindle throwing moment. I screamed, NOOOOOO!!!!!!! My heart is in my throat and my stomach is in knots. I'm mad. I'm frustrated. More than anything, I'm heart broken. My eyes are swollen and my head is going to hurt tomorrow. I have one serious book hangover on the horizon.

If you take anything from this emotionally driven, slightly off the hook review, it's that you MUST, MUST, MUST read Rebel Heir. Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward have outdone themselves once again. This dynamic duo continues to dominate and rock this genre. They are freaking AMAZING!

P.S. Meet Rush today, I promise he will ruin you in the most delicious way!

♥ Review by Lys









View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment