Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Dandelion by Michelle Leighton ~ Review by Juls

The DandelionThe Dandelion by Michelle Leighton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The minute I read the blurb for, The Dandelion, I knew I had to have it. Everything about this story is right up my alley. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a sad story, so I was pretty excited to get started! That doesn’t sound right, does it? Lol. I guess I’m just one of those people that gravitates towards sad books. I do like other stories, but if I’m being honest, the more I cry, the better the book. Although I didn’t ugly cry, I still really liked, The Dandelion. I think there might be some controversy regarding the storyline. I think some people might find it hard to believe someone would want to meet the person who’s going to replace them once they pass. To be honest, I’m not too sure I’d want that. I know if I passed away my husband would eventually move on, but I don’t think I’d want to see it. Even though Sam and Abigail were very respectful to Sara during her last days, I believe it was still hard for her to see. I can also see how it can make her situation a little easier when it comes leaving behind her husband and daughter. I think that would be one of the harshest things to do.

When it comes to Sam and Abigail, I think they were good for each other. They both were dealing with a past that anyone would struggle with. Abigail was there for Sam while grieving for his wife and helping with his daughter. Sam was there to show Abigail that she deserves a life with him and Noelle even though she felt differently. Abigail’s past was not easy, but Sam and Noelle helped mend her broken heart and their little family became whole. Great story!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment