Monday, December 9, 2019

Chase The Butterflies by Monica James ~ Review by Juls

Chase the ButterfliesChase the Butterflies by Monica James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“If I kissed you, would you feel anything? Because I think you would.”


I’ve gotten to the point that anytime I receive sign ups for Monica James, I automatically sign up. Everything I’ve read from her, I’ve truly enjoyed. When I started reading Chasing the Butterflies, I wasn’t exactly sure what it was about. Monica had also mentioned that the book didn’t really “fit” into one specific genre. At first, I was thinking how can that be? I’m totally reading a romance. But as time went on, that slowly started to change and now I can see why she made that comment. It definitely has a different type of genre mixed into the romance category. Which for me, took me completely out of my comfort zone. I usually stay away from stories like this because unfortunately, they don’t really capture my interest. However, I will be honest and say that first curve ball had me questioning if I should continue. I knew I had to and at first it was a struggle, but as I continued to read, I started to find a connection with the storyline. By the end, Monica really pulled through because she made up for it all in the ending. The epilogue alone is what sealed the deal for me. So was this something that I would normally read? No. BUT.. it was something that I’m glad I did. Because as usual, Monica James took me out of my comfort zone, held me captive, and then finally returned me feeling like an utter mess. And THAT is a success!


-Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment