Monday, December 9, 2019

Regretting You by Colleen Hoover ~ Review by Juls

Regretting YouRegretting You by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“Sometimes you have to walk away from the fight in order to win it.”


I’ll be honest and say that at first, I wasn’t too intrigued by the synopsis of Regretting You. I don’t know what it was, but it didn’t catch my attention the way it usually does. But, since it had Colleen Hoover listed as the author, I knew I just had to look past that and dive right in! Because let’s face it, has she ever steered us wrong? Not once, and let me just say, I’m so happy I did! Of course, it was nothing less than epic. What I liked the most about it, was the dialogue. It was a love story, a tragic one to say the least, but I liked that it was in a mother/daughter P.O.V. Seeing the relationship between them, the struggles of getting through such a monumental situation, was so different compared to most stories. Their relationship and their struggles broke my heart at times. Seeing them get through it all and reading the thoughts of both mother/daughter while they figured it all out, gave an extra connection to the characters and the storyline. I really liked it. It felt like I was a part of their family and dealing with everything right alongside them. I also liked that we get both their love stories as well.

The conflicting emotions of moving on between adults...


“I’m not asking you to fall in love with me, Morgan. You already love me. I’m just asking you to give that a chance.”

and then the easiness of teenagers falling in love....

“Everything you do is epic, Clara. Which is why I never had the courage to approach you, because an epic girl needs an equally epic guy, and I guess I’ve just never felt epic enough for you.”


Forgetting You will give you everything. I felt so many emotions. My heart completely shattered. But by the end, it was completely whole again. I loved every minute of it!


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment