Thursday, May 7, 2020

Like You Care by Kaydence Snow ~ Review by Juls

Like You Care (Devilbend Dynasty, #1)Like You Care by Kaydence Snow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book that I’ve read by Kaydence Snow, and I’ve fallen in love. I almost feel bad saying that due to the nature of Like You Care, but Kaydence has captured me with this story and her beautiful writing. I have read many books about being bullied in school, but not many have made me cry. That was exactly what I did, I completely fell apart for Mena. I couldn’t imagine having to go through the things she did in high school. Honestly, I didn’t have the easiest time growing up, but nothing compared to what went on in Mena’s everyday life at school. This poor girl. I am happy she had Harlow, Donna and Amaya in her life. The way they stood up for her was great, and I’d still like that tidbit of information Donna had on Kelsey! Even though they did not go to the same school, they still played a major role in her life.

As for Turner, I liked how their relationship started. I liked the mysteriousness behind it all. Although, I wish somethings would have turned out differently, I liked them together. One of my favorite parts was towards the end. I had a good laugh when he caught her dancing!

“Woohoo! You look hot!” I laughed and looked away, embarrassed but also flattered. Donna and Amaya joined in, and they all started catcalling me worse than a construction site full of unsupervised apprentices. “Work it!” Donna pumped her fist in the air. “Shake that ass!” Amaya turned sideways and started shaking her own, the movement of the pleated skirt making the action even more obscene. Fighting giggles, I gave in and played along, dancing on the spot and flicking my hair. A loud wolf whistle sounded from behind me, and a deep male voice joined in. “Work that tight body, baby!” I startled, my heart flying into my throat before I realized it was Turner. The girls all cracked up laughing. I flipped them off, then turned to give my boyfriend a smack on the shoulder. He chuckled and gripped my hips, flashing me that mesmerizing smile of his.

It was too funny. Just imagining it had me laughing! Another thing I loved was how into makeup she was! I can totally relate to watching YouTube videos and putting on new makeup looks just to wash it all off. I do that all the time, so I was definitely able to connect with that. Overall, I really enjoyed Like You Care. I’ll be looking up other books written by Kaydence Snow to add to my TBR!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment