Saturday, August 15, 2015

Ryan's Love by C.A. Harms : Review by Juls

Ryan's LoveRyan's Love by C.A. Harms
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


*** I Loved Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest opinion ***


4 Stars!


Wow! This is definitely a story that you will need to grab a box of tissues for! C.A. Harm's stories continue to hit me in the heart; every time! Ryan's story was hard to read. The struggles that he went through after dealing with the loss of his wife were ones that I hope to never have to experience. Not only was he dealing with his loss, but he was also dealing with the sorrow that his daughter was suffering from.

Ryan was a great guy. I loved that he was doing everything he could to be there for his daughter. I liked the relationship that they had. Though at times she felt she had to rebel against him, I could truly feel the strength that they had between them and the love that they shared for each other.

Moving on after his wife's death was hard for Ryan to do. He never felt that he could love anyone as much as he loved her. Three years later, when he met someone that held his interest, he knew it was time to move forward and start living life again. When Ryan spoke to his wife about moving on, it was the first line in his dialogue that brought tears to my eyes....


"I'll live by your words. I'll try to move forward, but never will I forget my love for you. You're always in my heart."


When Ryan meets Amber he notices that for the first time in 3 years he feels like he's finally living. Being around Amber brings him back to life and makes him feel happy. Though the relationship wasn't smooth sailing, I really did like Amber for Ryan. She was really understanding of his situation and open minded when it came to Ryan's daughter.

Another character I enjoyed and I am looking forward to reading about was Amber's best friend, Bailey. She was really funny and I loved her personality. I loved the part where she describes Ryan to a mutual friend of Amber's....


"He's not just a cop, he's a sergeant. He is 'drop to your knees and pant from being overheated with lust' gorgeous. Amazing eyes, amazing body, and those hands...mmm. He is so yummy."


LOL. There were so many things that she would say that would make me crack up. Not to mention the chemistry that she is already having with Jackson! It looks like its going to be pretty explosive. Count me in!


~Juls


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment