Saturday, September 29, 2018

After The Rain by Stacey Johnston ~ Review by Juls

After the RainAfter the Rain by Stacey Johnston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


“I’ll walk right there beside you with each step forward you take, and if you fall, I’ll stop and help you pick yourself up. We can brush off any dirt together and carry on, hand in hand.”

The love that Penny had for Alec was unconditional. She is the perfect example of “in sickness and in health” when wedding vows are said. She is one strong women and an amazing supporter for Alec. Alec is sick and the struggles that he goes through are those that many may be able to relate to. I’m not too sure many people could deal with it as gracefully as Penny did. Honestly, I’m not sure I’d be able to manage the way she did when it came to Alec. However, I do believe that love can concur all and get us through the most trying times.

After the Rain had a great storyline. One I’m sure will have many readers reaching for a box of tissues. I believe that it was written well, and I can see where the author wanted to take her audience.

Unfortunately, I was unable to connect to the characters which kind of made it hard for me to keep reading. I did finish it, and I did like the way it ended. I just wish I felt the characters a little more.


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment