Monday, March 10, 2014

BLACK BOX

Black BoxBlack Box by Cassia Leo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Purchase Link:
http://amzn.to/NRZnqr



 Let me just start out by saying that I love Cassia Leo's books. Once I start reading them, I can't put them down and I always have tears falling. I'm able to connect right from the start.

However, I did not get that feeling with this book. Don't get me wrong, I read it in one sitting but no tears were shed. I thought this book was good but it stops there. Is it worth the read? I would say yes because she is a great writer.

I do love Crush. He definitely has the hot vibe! You can never go wrong with a hot guy that sings and plays the guitar! The song that he wrote for Mikki is heart breaking. Through the book you get to know where he comes from and what he struggles with everyday.

Mikki is 19yrs old and is struggling after a life altering experience she went through at such a young age. She struggles everyday, dealing with bipolar disorder and the want to live.

Crush and Mikki's paths cross a few times as fate draws them together. Their first encounter takes place on twitter. Mikki sends a tweet out to see what she gets in response if she gets anything at all. That is when Crush comes into her life for the first time...


"This black box is yours to keep, to stash your troubles away. Just lock it up and call my name and I'll be there always."


On one fateful night their paths cross for the second time. Crush finds himself in the right place at the right time. Finding himself doing something he never thought he was capable of only to find fate on both their sides but in different kinds of ways.

Years later, they come across each other again. Although this is the first time they actually meet, they both feel a pull to each other as if they know each other but they don't understand why. From this point, their relationship begins to move forward while their pasts start to unravel. Little by little they begin to realize why they have that pull and how they know each other. During their journey some parts will break your heart while others will melt it. Despite all her demons Crush never gives up on Mikki...


"Do not be afraid; our fate cannot be taken from us; it is a gift."


In the end the book was good. I did not, not like it. I just didn't connect as much as I have with other characters in previous books that I have read. Once again I do Love Cassio Leo's writing, and I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.


"Not all stories have happy endings; but that doesn't mean they're not worth reading."

~ Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment