Friday, March 28, 2014

Broken by K. Webster: Review by Heather

Broken (Breaking the Rules, #1)Broken by K. Webster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/PruLgO



What a brilliant debut novel for K Webster. I was completely intrigued from the first page. I absolutely devoured this book.

Broken follows the story of Andi and Jackson. Andi is living a very promiscuous life. It’s a weekend thing for her, that’s all. No commitment, no hearts involved, just sex. This is all due to a past Andi is trying desperately to avoid happening again. She intends to protect her heart.

Enter Jackson Compton…..

Jackson is unpredictable with a horrible temper, but oh so sexy. He has sex appeal dripping off of him from the very beginning. Jackson too, has a past he is trying to keep his heart guarded against. He also intends to protect his heart.

They decide to play Andi’s game of just a weekend fling and what an amazing weekend it is. But come Monday when Andi starts her new job at Compton Enterprises, she is less than thrilled to find that one of her bosses is Jackson himself. This does not sit well with either of them. And if that’s not bad enough, enter Andi’s Ex Bray. He also begins to work at Compton Enterprises.

Together Andi and Jackson need to be able to work through the walls they have each put up. They have to either overcome the horrible past each of them is trying to hide from. They both want to so badly, but overcoming a past that cut so deep...may not be that easy.

The chemistry between these two is HOT! The one thing that they have no problem with is the unbelievable sex that they have. Let me tell you...it is melt your panties HOT!!!

“Andi, you are amazing. You’re like my very own drug. No matter how many times we do this, I can’t get enough of you”

Along with Andi we are introduced to her two best friends, Pepper and Olive. Pepper is a bitch that completely speaks her mind. She loves Andi and will do anything to make sure that she is not hurt in anyway. Olive is shy and definitely has a past of her own that she is trying to overcome. The girls all live together and the friendship they have is beautiful. I loved how they all have their own place in their friendship. I absolutely laughed out loud many times with the way they are together. They have a bond that is truly special.

Jackson has his brother Jordan, co-owner of Compton Enterprises and Andi’s other boss. Jordan is sweet and caring, the complete opposite of Jackson. He tries to keep his brother in line. Jackson also has a best friend Ian, who owns the bar that they often visit.

I love all of the characters. Each one adds to the story and makes it that much more amazing. If I could be friends with this group...I would say...where should I sign! They kept me laughing and showed how to love fiercely.

Broken definitely was a book I could not put down. It is sexy, heart breaking, heartwarming and sit on the edge of your seat book. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book.

A solid 5 stars for sure.

I look forward to the next book in this series from this very talented author.




View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment