Sunday, March 30, 2014

Conduit by Angie Martin ~ Review by Jen


Conduit by Angie Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Purchase Link:
http://amzn.to/1lfsjVg





I was completely captivated from the very beginning. Angie Martin started the book with an exceptional hook to keep you wanting to turn the page. I caught myself wanting to read faster and faster...just to find out what was going to happen...or how they were going to solve the crimes. I laughed...cried...and I even had to take a break at times because I was afraid to turn the page! It was suspenseful...yet a story of having a connection with someone that is incomprehensible. I truly enjoyed from the beginning to the end!

Emily Monroe is a private investigator who shares a business, Monroe & Reid Investigators, with her best friend Cassie Reid. They normally deal with insurance fraud or the cheating husband...but the book takes a twist when they are asked by Cassie's Uncle Leo, Detective Lieutenant Lionel Edwards, to help them solve an ongoing case...a serial killer!!!

Enters...the darkness...David Noakes

"David didn't start out as a killer, nor did he ever intend to be one...he embraced his darker side, one he explored through vivid fantasy, but he never thought his fantasies would seep into his realities".

David is psychotic and heartless! He reels the women in and then leads them through their worst nightmare...alive...to remember every ounce of pain. David uses his victims in a sadistic way to get closer to Emily...who he thinks is his "true love".

Emily has a gift...she is psychic. She is able to hear people and visualize things that a normal person can't. She begins to feel a darkness start to overtake her mind...and it isn't until she is helping with the case...that the darkness gets stronger. She starts to question what's happening to her and how she is going to keep the darkness from over taking her and losing herself completely.

Enters...the light...Jake Hanley....

Jake Hanley is something else. He is the perfect gentleman...the "forever". He is completely intrigued with the spell that Emily has on him. They are both drawn to each other with a special connection. They both know they can't be without the other, but so afraid to let the other in. It's beautiful to see their relationship unravel.

"She allowed herself a moment to think about him as a man, as someone with whom she would love..."

Angie Martin did an amazing job keeping the story line suspenseful...on the edge of your seat...but also adding a love story in the midst of it. It will make you angry at times...wondering how and when they are going to catch him...and if they do...will it be before he gets to Emily...or will David get what he's always wanted, Emily?!? I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who loves suspense.

If I can be honest...I still feel the darkness with me!!! Even though; I'm done reading the book, I catch myself still thinking about David. Questioning...what is reality?? Is there a real David out there??? When that happens...you know you have read a great book!!

5 Stars for Angie Martin's Conduit

~Jenn



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment