Wednesday, January 6, 2016

SKETCH by Laramie Briscoe ~ Review by Juls

SketchSketch by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


*** Gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***


4 Stars!


"Giving up is easy. It’s the making it work, that’s the hard part.”


Wow! What a story! It is definitely an eye opener. There's nothing like reading a story that feels so real. That is exactly why I really enjoyed Sketch. Devin and Nina's story is one I think many people will relate to. I'm sure there are a lot of couples that have had the same struggles that they did and have learned what needed to be done in order to save their relationship. I think that this is a great story that everyone can benefit from in some way. I think it shows how real life can get between couples. The part that gutted me the most, was when Devin said...

“I broke you today, the same way you broke me.”

That part in the story for me, was intense. I felt that it was the breaking point between both characters and those last words drove it home. I also really liked that the story was told from Devin's POV. I love reading stories from the guys perspective. I will confess that Sketch was not what I had expected. I thought that the storyline was going to be completely different; instead it was a nice surprise. I would definitely recommend this book to my fellow readers!!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment