Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Presence of Grace by Anie Michaels ~ Review by Juls

The Presence of GraceThe Presence of Grace by Anie Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4.5 Stars!


"My family was stitched together in the most beautiful way, and Grace was the thread that held us all together."


Too bad I didn't realize this was a book 2 before I started reading it. I think getting the background from book 1 would have been good, but I still really enjoyed The Presence of Grace. I guess I will just have to go back and read, The Absence of Olivia, to get the full story. Besides, I wouldn't mind being able to read more about Devon. Just one book with him just isn't enough!

Devon had me hooked from the beginning. I don't know what it is about guys with kids, but they get me every time! I love reading about single men being dad's and loving their children. But in Devon's case, it broke my heart to watch him move on from Olivia. It's always a thin line for me when I read books about the character having to move on after their spouse dies. It has to be the hardest thing to do, and I just want it do be done without the new relationship taking away from the previous relationship. I really feel that Anie Michaels did a beautiful job with the way Devon transitioned from Olivia to Grace. I think the hardest part for me was when the kids were picking what picture to put in their rooms. I couldn't stop crying for them. I think from that point on the tears were falling throughout the rest of the story. One thing I loved was even though the children were missing their mother, they embraced Grace with open arms. I think Devon said it best when he said...

"I had my whole world right in front of me, and everything was beautiful in the presence of Grace."

It really was!


~Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment