Monday, February 13, 2017

MACK DADDY by Penelope Ward: Review by Lys

Mack DaddyMack Daddy by Penelope Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


It happens to me every time. It never fails. Every time, just before I start a Penelope Ward novel, I get this vibe... this feeling. It's a feeling of pure excitement with a mix of inevitable disappointment. A build up of anticipation of what's to come, really. The thrill of knowing I am about to read an amazing story with this reality of also knowing it will come to an end and that I will never again get to experience it for the first time. This book was no different! Mack Daddy is one to savor. One to hold on to until the very last word. The story line was sweet and heart warming, but for me, it's always Penelope's characters. Especially, her heroes. They are always so much more than your average book boyfriend. Mack was EVERYTHING. He was sexy, smart, and witty, but most of all, he had that special magic that Penelope gives them. I don't know what it is exactly. A unique characteristic? An endearing personality trait? I don't know. All I know is that he captured my heart with his Adventures of Frankie Four Eyes. From that point on, I was puddy in his hands. No wonder... even after all those years, Francesca couldn't let him go. Like all Penelope Ward novels, I loved it. I absolutely, freaking LOVED it.

♥ Review by Lys


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment