Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Absinthe of the Heart by Monica James ~ Review by Juls

Absinthe of the Heart (Sins of the Heart, #1)Absinthe of the Heart by Monica James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Stars!

How could Monica James leave us like that! Ugh...seriously?! I think I knew that was coming, but to actually read those words? It just confirmed all the negativity I felt towards him! I just can’t believe all the games he was playing! All I know is that I’m going to be dying while I wait for book 2 after that ending! I did love the prologue. I liked that it gave us a glimpse of their parents when they were younger. It set up their story and the history between them all. It was the perfect touch to allow us to understand London and Holland’s relationship and behavior towards each other.

On another note, I feel so bad for Holland. London was so mean to her, and I can’t believe he threw that ball right at her face! Talk about tormenting someone to the fullest. Even though he was an ass to her, the angst between them was unreal. As they got older, all that angst just turned into the most electrifying chemistry. It was so strong, that I even felt it through the book! Lol. In all honesty, it was pretty hot, and I just can’t wait for more when book 2 is released. I think it’s going to be so much hotter now that the truth is out. Everything is about to change!


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment