Thursday, May 31, 2018

Another Chance on Love by CL Rowell ~ Review by Juls

Another Chance on LoveAnother Chance on Love by Cindy Larie Rowell Cowles
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 Stars!

Usually when I read stories about characters dealing with the loss of a spouse and moving on to find their next great love, I tend to be pulled in, and I never really want to put the book down. I usually cry, and I have tons of tissues all around me from drying my face. Then I’ll think about that book for weeks to come after I finished it because it emotionally damaged me! That’s exactly what I was hoping for while reading this. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case for me when it came to Another Chance on Love. When I read the synopsis, I was excited to read it because it’s exactly what I gravitate to. I was really hoping that I was going to fall in love with this story. For some reason, I had a hard time connecting with the characters. It’s not that I didn’t like them, I just wasn’t able to really connect with them like I have in previous books. It may have been because the story was narrated. I tend to connect more when the books are written in the character's POV. I was able to connect more with the storyline when Suzy was born. I liked watching Brandon grow into a great father and it was nice to see Brittney step up and help him with the baby as well. I think they were a great team, and I knew that in time they would have their happily ever after and she would become a great wife for Brandon. Which is what everyone reader wants when the dad is a good guy and let’s face it, Brandon really was. He did seem a little shy when he was in high school. It was cute to see him step out of his comfort zone and go after what he wanted. He’s the perfect example of the boy next door who I’m sure will capture many hearts!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment