Saturday, May 12, 2018

Between The Raindrops by Sydney Logan ~ Review by Juls

Between the RaindropsBetween the Raindrops by Sydney Logan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars!

I just finished my first book written by Sydney Logan, and I really enjoyed it! I will have to go to Goodreads to see what else I may need to add to my TBR!! Between the Raindrops is a great Young Adult story that’s not only a love story, but also touches base on some pretty serious topics. Scout is a 17 yr old dealing with so much at such a young age. She is truly a remarkable person to come from such a rough background and continue to have so much hope. I’m so happy that she had Wyatt and Zoie. Wyatt gave her his unconditional support and showed her the true meaning of love...

“So now you know. I’m a freak.”

“No, you’re not. You’ve been dealt a shit hand in life so far, but you’re not a freak. You’re smart. You’re pretty. You’re a hard worker and you’re nice to shitty customers when they absolutely don’t deserve it. You put up with my sister which means you’re one step away from sainthood, and you have the most beautiful blue eyes I’ve ever seen. You’re not a freak. You’re awesome. And it kills me that you don’t know that.”


While Zoie was the best friend a girl can have...

“Zoie Campbell, on my first day of school, you chose me. In that moment, you became my one and only friend in the whole world. You loved me unconditionally and without question. You have no idea how much I needed you. You covered my scars and healed my heart. I can never thank you enough for that.”


Sometimes just having the right people by your side can make a difference in any situation. The Campbell family were the right people and they never gave up on Scout!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment