Monday, October 29, 2018

Shelter by Stephanie Fournet ~ Review by Juls

ShelterShelter by Stephanie Fournet
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you look at my Goodreads account, you’ll see that I highlighted a few phrases from Shelter. I had a feeling that this was going to be one of those stories that grab a hold of your heart from the very beginning! It seriously had me in KNOTS the whole way through! I was captivated by the characters as well as the story-line! Yes, the story-line was heart breaking, but Cole was everything. At such a young age, he had so much on his shoulders and he really was the best brother and son to Ava and his mom. I felt so bad for him having to endure so much. He was so strong and fierce when it came to protecting them. Although things weren’t always rainbows and sunshine, I am so happy that he had Elise and her mom by his side. I feel that they got him through so much and he was able to let his guard down a little when they were around.

I really liked how Stephanie Fournet wrote this story in two parts. I feel that it gave me a better connection with Cole, Ava, and Elise. She was able give their stories at a young age, and then again as adults. I really enjoyed that versus going back and forth between past and present. I just feel that I’m able to really connect with everything a lot better. All in all, Stephanie really did a great job with Shelter. It will say that it may be hard for some to read, but it really is an amazing story. That pool scene!!! All I can say is... H.O.T!!!

-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment