Monday, October 29, 2018

THE BOY I GREW UP WITH by Tijan: Review by Lys

The Boy I Grew Up WithThe Boy I Grew Up With by Tijan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Channing and Heather's story! It was sweet, suspenseful, heart breaking, and beautiful. I haven't read any of the Fallen Crest Series, so my first introduction to Channing and Heather was in Crew. After reading Crew, I wanted to know so much more about them. I was so excited when this book was announced!

"He'd worked his way under my skin in first grade. He'd declared us best friends in third. We held hands in fifth. We shared our first kiss in seventh, and he'd been a headache ever since."

I loved how this story went back and forth between past and present. It really gives the reader insight into how they grew up together, fell in love, and why they were struggling independently and together in their relationship.

"Channing had a face for the runways, a body of tattoos that could appear in any magazine, and an attitude that made him a leader among the rowdiest and most clinically inclined."

Channing... HOLY HOTNESS! I salivated over his character. Alpha, bad-ass, and super sexy! He made me want to lick the pages! Only someone as fierce as Heather could handle all his bravado. Despite their inner strength, both Channing and Heather carried so much baggage. With Channing's intense perseverance and Heather's unyielding determination... these two were explosive!

"There were no pretty words between us. There weren't flowery promises. There was just us. Our love. Our bodies. The addiction we had for each other. We were linked, like invisible chains. They were there, whether we wanted them or not."

The growth that evolved between Channing and Heather was beautiful. I loved how they fought for their own happiness in addition to each other's. Through their trials and tribulations, their love for each other was unstoppable. I could not get enough of their story!

"I am Fallen Crest. I am Roussou. This place is who I am". She looked up, our eyes meeting. "You are who I am."

The Boy I Grew Up With was such an amazing read! It gave me all the feels and left me wanting more from the Roussou/Fallen Crest world. Whether you have read every Fallen Crest story or like me, are just getting started, I highly recommend!

♥ Review by Lys



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment