Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Anywhere But Here by Stephanie Hoffman McManus ~ Review by Juls

Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)Anywhere But Here by Stephanie Hoffman McManus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5 Stars!


"His mistake was thinking that I wanted the world, when all I wanted was him."


Speechless.... that's how I was left after reading, Anywhere But Here. The ending brought me to tears. I was trying to hold them in, but it wasn't possible. I loved Kellen and Shae's story. My favorite part was reading about them in their senior year. Kellen was a bad-ass even in high school. Usually, I'm not a fan of stories written in past and present, but I really liked it for them. I liked that he brought Shae out of her shell and showed her how to be herself and not worry about what other people thought. The moment I fell in love with Kellen was the best part in the book...


“You could have walked here in a hurricane, slipped and fallen in the mud, rolled through poison oak and then been attacked by a chupacabra and you’d still be beautiful. It’s not about how done up your hair is, or that glittery shit around your eyes, or how amazing you look in that dress. Or the way you smell like peaches and vanilla mixed with tequila and sweat that makes me think about ways besides dancing that would make your skin smell that way, minus the tequila and the dress, and before you freak out because I said you smell like sweat, you need to know how fucking sexy I think it is and not at all gross, because you don’t smell like a dude at a gym. You smell like I want my sheets to smell every fucking day, but none of that makes a damn bit of difference, because you could strip all that away and it wouldn’t change a thing. Your kind of beautiful can’t be touched. It starts in your eyes and it’s soul fucking deep, Shae.”


Yes...that was the moment I totally swooned over Kellen. If I was in high school and a boy told me that, I would have melted into a puddle! They didn't make them like that when I was in high school. Lol. Kellen didn't let me down as he got older. He was still pretty hot and even more tempting. Kellen and Shae's relationship wasn't easy, they had their trials and tribulations, but you know what they say...


"What’s meant to be will always find a way, through storms and fires. Through tragedy and loss. Even through the lies and whatever life throws at it. It withstands. It keeps fighting. It’s never over."


I'll always have a place for them in my heart.


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment