Thursday, June 16, 2016

Broken Girl by Gretchen de la O ~ Review by Juls

Broken GirlBroken Girl by Gretchen de la O
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4 stars!


When I saw that Broken Girl was written by Gretchen de la O, I knew I had to read it. I loved her Wilson Mooney series, so I couldn't wait to start this one. And wow... what a difference! These two stories are completely opposite. It's crazy to think that Mrs. Gretchen had it in her!

Just the prologue had me ...


Torn

Apart

In seconds



I was so nervous to keep reading after that! I didn't know if I had it in me. But I pressed on, and I'm happy that I did. Ms. de la O did a great job with Shane and Rose's story. Poor Rose went through so much at such a young age. To be tormented by people who are supposed to love you is something that would shatter anyone's life as it did Rose's. I can see why she had issues with trusting people as she grew up. I loved that she was able to prove to herself how worthy she really was and to know that she too deserved a happy ending.


-Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment