Monday, July 25, 2016

Carter by Brie Paisley: Review by Lys

Carter (The Harlow Brothers, #1)Carter by Brie Paisley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love being a blogger, and I feel blessed to be in a position where authors trust me with their work. I can't imagine how hard it is to put your thoughts on paper and then to put it out to the world to critique. Not everyone is kind and keeps it classy when giving their opinion. That being said, as a blogger, I always like to be fair and honest when it comes to my reviews while still showing respect for the author. I feel the readers and author deserve nothing less. So here it goes...

I wanted to love Carter. I loved the cover (BT Urella!) and was hooked on the blurb and teasers. The story line was good, but unfortunately, it felt unfinished. I needed more. I tried to connect with the characters, but I just couldn't relate to their emotions. Again, I needed a bit more. Now don't get me wrong, this was not a bad read, but I just didn't love it. Would I read another book by this author? Absolutely! Would I recommend this book? Yes, I would. Everyone has a difference of opinion, and I believe there will be many readers who will love Carter. As you can see, there are many 5 star reviews already posted! My suggestion, read Carter today and check it out for yourself:)

♥Review by Lys

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment