Thursday, July 28, 2016

Refresh by S. Moose ~ Review by Juls

RefreshRefresh by S. Moose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4 Stars!

Caroline's situation is one that I can relate to. Being married to a police officer is not easy. Though I did not go through the lost that she did, I can understand the worries of my husband coming home safely, as well as the long work hours. It takes a special person to choose that life to begin with, but for her to choose it twice, truly shows her strength.

Mason and Caroline have been best friends since high school. Mason has always been there for her and continues to be there for her through her hard times. When Mason needs Caroline the most, she's right there by his side and never gives up on him.

I liked Mason's personality. Yes, he could be serious when he needed to be, but when it was time to joke around, he knew how to have fun. He also liked giving Caroline a hard time. He never let a chance slip by without teasing her. One of my favorite parts was the cake batter scene that was mixed with the sexual innuendo..

“Why don’t you come try my batter?” He winks. “I’ve heard it’s extra sweet and addicting. Just stick your fingers into the bowl and put your fingers in your mouth. Swirl your tongue around the moist batter. Trust me you’ll get addicted.”

I'm pretty sure Mason can be pretty addicting! Especially in uniform. Everyone likes a man in uniform!

Refresh really did give readers a little of everything. There was love, loss, forgiveness, friendship, laughter, and even some suspense! Towards the end, I wasn't sure what was going to happen. It made me swoon and it also brought me to the edge of my seat! All around a great story.

- Juls

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment